View Single Post
Crazygrl882

Member Since Jun 2014
Default Jun 27, 2019 at 10:07 PM

I posted before. I am having trouble coping with my dad’s death. It’s been three months and it was sudden and I watched him die in the hospital. They stopped the medications and his blood pressure dropped until his heart stopped. I was ok at first. Then I started to want people around me all the time. I have people come over and drink with me and we always have like a bottle of wine and then some vodka. Or else have vodka. I’m going through these vodka bottles pretty fast. I’m drinking like every other day minimum and if I go out with my friend sometimes I’m bringing extra alcohol in my purse or I go to the bar without them knowing to get an extra drink without them knowing. I don’t want to tell my therapist and I did tell my sister that I’ve been drinking more than normal and she said that that’s not a way to cope it just hides your feelings. I just can’t seem to be able to cope with the feelings of grief in a healthy way. I do work out but that doesn’t seem to be enough. Any advice from therapy or grief support groups doesn’t seem to work. I just get bad anxiety and want to something about it. For some reason my two friends seem to think drinking all the time is perfectly fine. I didn’t drink for a long time before this. I used to not drink maybe like once every 6 months. I went like a full year without drinking. Not for any reason just because I didn’t feel like it. I’m afraid this is going down a bad road and I don’t know what I should do. My boyfriend also started fighting with me for months after my dad died making things worse for me stress wise. He decided to change the relationship and basically take a break. Hopefully that will help a bit. Any advice would help....

PTSD
Agoraphobia
Fibromyalgia
Crazygrl882 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, mote.of.soul

Thanks for this!
bizi