View Single Post
captaincowboy

Member Since Jun 2019
11 hugs
given
Default Jun 28, 2019 at 10:39 AM

Hello everyone!

I thought I would update a little on my situation.

I wasn't comfortable breaking off the friendship in person, as I wasn't sure how she would react, so I told her over a voicemail that I needed to break off the friendship. I told her that she could no longer contact me if she is feeling suicidal and that she would have to get in contact with an actual professional. Told her that she is a lovely person, but I can't be in this sort of friendship, especially since I need to direct my attention to my own mental health, along with work and my family.

I never got a response but woke up to several nasty social media posts from her and her friends who were calling me all sorts of slurs and names. I was pretty appalled by the harshness and immaturity. I then blocked not only her cell number but all forms of social media as well - going 100% no contact.

I still feel pretty guilty for leaving her behind, but I'm definitely aware of just how toxic our friendship truly was in the end.

Thank you all again for your words of comfort and encouragement! I'm so happy I was able to find these forums and reach out for help, otherwise I would probably still be feeling so hopeless.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and blessings to you all!
captaincowboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote