View Single Post
DazedandConfused254

Member Since Jul 2017
333 hugs
given
Default Jun 28, 2019 at 01:49 PM

Thank you @divine1966 and @downandlonely for giving me hope and reminding me this is only temporary. I guess I had the same feelings to 3 years ago when I got in my first accident (not my fault - someone rear ended me), and that anxiety went away as well.

Divine I hope you don’t get too worried about your triggers that appear while driving, we all have them at some point or another. With all the bad weather this country has been having this year I can see where too much precipitation can possibly weigh down any bridge. And besides I see people slow down all the time across bridges when I’m on a two lane road!

And thank you @WishfulThinker66 for sharing your experiences and encouragement also! One time I implemented the “road test” technique when I drove for the first time following a stern warning from both the officer and my folks (I was 18 at the time) and it proved to be very effective. It’s very understandable where that anxiety originates with your boyfriend in the passenger seat and there’s probably not much room for error in the military either! When I was practicing driving early on, my parents have never criticized my driving. And to this day even with my first ticket they continue to tell me I’m an expert driver. Even then years later my dad frequently gives “tips” on the road that bugs the daylights out of both me and my mom, so dad does all of the driving with my mother and road trips have become much less frequent out of my aggravation with my dad’s “back seat driving”. So I experience something similar as well. Maybe you should also visit my part of the US where driving on the ice is almost non-existent. You can then teach me a thing or two about winter driving! lol

"If you can dream it you can do it!" ~ Walt Disney
DazedandConfused254 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky