View Single Post
Anonymous40643

Default Jun 28, 2019 at 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesaw View Post
This was my family, especially my parents. No one would believe the abuse going on at my home. And I presented as this perfect, high-achieving kid. No one suspected a thing. But I'm not making it up. My mom is much better now, and my stepdad talks about the abuse that my father did to my mother and he completely believes and could see that it was happening, the abuse to me. He sees it now even. His validation, without having seen it, has meant a lot to my healing.

Everyone else in my family (besides mom and stepdad) denies any abuse. And maybe that's because they don't know any better. Maybe they honestly think that's normal and healthy for people.

Doesn't matter what they thought. It was abuse. And it wasn't my fault. And no one knew or would have suspected because my dad comes off as a really nice guy and caring father in public. He wasn't. He's not.

Seesaw
I hear you!!!! That is soooo very common... that the abuse is denied, that the abusers AND the victim present themselves well in public and/or otherwise... this is what is so awful about the reality of abuse. It is so often not even witnessed..... thank goodness you had a stepfather who validated the experience..... we need the validation.

No, it most certainly was NOT your fault. HUGS.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, Misery Business