View Single Post
autonoe

Member Since Apr 2018
28 hugs
given
Default Jun 28, 2019 at 07:18 PM

I move between feeling like he's just my therapist doing his job to feeling sexually attracted to him. I know "the button" you mean. The sexual feelings seem to arise when we've had a bonding moment or, more often, when he says something about his personal life that makes him stand out as a man to me. Like TeaVicar said, sometimes it happens when he talks about his own relationships, past or present. It makes him more real to me and also makes me think about him being in sexual situations with women. Sometimes he simply describes something he did and it makes me think, "That's sexy."

I've been to other therapists who were all women and I never experienced any sexual feelings for them. One of them did feel like a mother to me because she was so much older and demanding, and the relationship eventually crashed and burned...badly. But the erotic feelings are new to me in this situation. When I go to my appointments with him, I try to look past any flirtatious desires I might have and just go with what we're doing. I would never want to put either of us in an awkward, unprofessional situation. It's when I get home and start reflecting that I allow my mind to go there if it wants to.
autonoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Blueberry21, LonesomeTonight, Merope