View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,343 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 29, 2019 at 05:11 PM

Thank you both. I know it is not my obligation to take complete care of him. But if I keep him at home, then I do have to follow through on the care. Otherwise, if I'm not up to it, then I have to turn him over to another source of care. I have to do one or the other.

I do need to lighten up on myself. He could have been sent to a home 5 years ago. I've given him some good years he wouldn't have had otherwise.

A thing I say to help me cope is that I only have to get through one day at a time. Monday I can talk to the social worker. I do have to be let off this treadmill for a spell.

I'm not close with his kids. I'm just not their type. So about every two months I send one of his kids (who happens to be a nurse) a text that summarizes what's been going on with him. I figure she's not interested in listening to me on the phone. So I punch out a text. Wouldn't you think I'ld hear something back - like, "Thanks for the update." I wonder if she even reads these little reports I send. I feel like a fool when I don't get acknowledged. So I'm angry. They know our home attendant quit. So it's just me now. They are so super busy with all that they care about, which allows for just a few crumbs of attention to be thrown in the direction of their father and me. There is just no humanity in their attitude toward me. None of that is new. I won't send any more texts. If they want to know anything, they can call and ask.
Rose76 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, Anonymous445852, Sunflower123