View Single Post
SarahSweden
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
219 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 29, 2019 at 05:26 PM

Thanks. No, and thatīs not my point in this post, that I think I know how they live beyond what I can get to know by googling them.

Of course a T can be both happy and sad by living alone or married to someone. But by knowing some things shows they have also had struggles, like for example going through a divorce, and that makes me feel closer to them. Now I google only past T:s or doctors but it can still make it a bit easier to talk to a new T, doctor or similar knowing that they also struggle with things in life. Itīs not that I couldnīt figure that out before I googled them but some personal info puts a new light to how I experience them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autonoe View Post
There's no way to know what a therapist's life is really like beyond what they choose to share, no matter what details you may find online. Some people are happy to live alone. Some married people are miserable. I've wondered about my therapist's marriage because I saw his wife in person and I thought that they seemed like an odd match. But how would I know? Maybe things are totally different behind closed doors. My previous therapist was an older lady, single and childless, and she seemed pretty content with her life. She was always doing interesting things with her life.
SarahSweden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote