Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,873 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 30, 2019 at 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUrOther View Post
TishaBuv: That sounds like self-brainwashing; an inherently unhealthy way of handling things. If one has to damage their own brain in order to control oneself, that speaks of much deeper flaws.

As for the theory that one's emotions and one's actions are separable - no human being I've interacted with has ever chosen to bring their actions under control. The only control they display is directing their violence towards me. Outside of that, they have confessed that they enjoy being "out of control". How do I deal with those people, especially considering I will be inevitably blamed for their behavior?
Maybe I shouldn’t have used the word ‘force’, more like to convince myself. DBT is a way to look at a thought that is making you very unhappy, and analyzing it to see if it is rational or not to feel that way in hopes you see things in a better way and feel better.

When I have been emotionally out of control (and I have ), I would be content to be able to force myself to appear calm, at least to get through the moment rather than causing a scene and embarrassing myself, but I couldn’t. However, miraculously, now taking a small dose of an anti anxiety med, I have had no more emotional issues like those of the past.

I know you have spoken on other threads about your issues with people being harsh and abusive to you. I’m sorry this is your experience. I wish I knew something to say to help you.

Hugs from:
fireandice20062008, Thirty shades