View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 01, 2019 at 03:42 PM

Eve, I really feel like I could have written your recent posts. I am in a similarly frustrating situation. Some of my other posts have discussed my boss's trying to undermine those of us that actually know what we are doing and favor/promote the less qualified. And, there's another one about all the unethical crap that has been going on. Various good co-workers have left because of this.

The few us that are ethical and good at our jobs feel marginalized and constantly criticized. One seems to be interviewing, taking lots of half days off. Another is sort of like me. She deals with a lot of anxiety and stress, so putting herself back out into the job market is tough to do. When you are dealing with so much crap and stress and a toxic environment, it's hard to pull together the energy for the job hunt, just as you said. I look sometimes but don't really see anything worth applying to and salaries seem to be on a downward trend.

My boss tore into me today, criticising me for a really minor thing that was more due to the way data migrates to the new content system than a mistake on my part. She also criticised me for not including information - because it wasn't available. This was data where she always says, if you can't get the information, send it to be edited anyways rather than waiting a long time to add the information. And, she was the one that edited that project when I first worked on it. She didn't say anything about it then, and NOW she jumps all over me about it? Meanwhile her favorites get away with murder. I think she wants to make a few of us quit. She's done it before.

Sorry for the thread jack. It's an awful environment to have to work in. Being constantly stressed and undermined sure isn't healthy. Unfortunately, like most people, probably you too, I really need to stay employed. So, I have to stick it out until I figure out a better option.

Last edited by rechu; Jul 01, 2019 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: spelling
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote