View Single Post
Doomraven0

Member Since Apr 2019
4 hugs
given
Default Jul 02, 2019 at 06:49 AM

Update 7/2: Things have continued on with no changes with my wife. There is no sex and very limited and brief physical affection from her. I have told her how unattractive and unwanted this makes me feel, how unhappy it makes me and she responds with, "Well, i don't know what to say. I am happy with our marriage." She agreed to see a therapist but only as an afterthought and added the caveat of "If you really feel like we need to but i am happy..." She either gets angry when i bring up our lack of physical relationship or she makes it feel like there is something wrong with me for wanting more affection of her. She asks if i am depressed because of this issue so i either say yes (being honest) and she scoffs saying she doesn' know what i expect from her, or i say no and she assumes that everything is great.

I am not even 40. She is years younger than me. Why do i feel like i have to fight to get even a glimpse of affection from her? Do i really have to give up and accept that this is how things will always be? My sex life is over at 37? She is happy, so, of course, she makes everything fall on me. It's my fault i want more from her to be happy, to feel satisfied and wanted, because she has all those things, so there must be something wrong because i am not.
I would like to iterate that i love my wife. She has so many good qualities and in many ways she is a great partner. She is beautiful, smart, diligent, and a good conversationalist. So am i a bad person for being unhappy with her and wanting more? Should i really just give up on ever having a physical relationship and accept this as our permanent status quo? We have had the affection/sex discussion so many times at this point she all but rolls her eyes if i try to bring up anything sex related, even when its in a positive or joking way, pretending like we actually have a sex life. When i first created this thread, i thought that was it, i had hit rock bottom but, no. Now, months later i really feel like there is no worse it could get.
Doomraven0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote