View Single Post
rhinoinpain

Member Since Jun 2019
18 hugs
given
Default Jul 02, 2019 at 10:32 AM

I tend to think this IS a common "trait" or issue for people with several and compounded traumatic events, which CPTSD encompasses.

I have no set or discernible taste in most of the things I encounter. I like to think I like "a bit of everything" in music, film, TV and everything else, but the truth is, I DO see a lack of a defined identity in myself and I never thought it had to do with my trauma and ptsd, until now that you're mentioning it.

I always just try to go with the flow, if I like something at the moment, I try to enjoy it and do it, if I fall out of love with that later, I just drop it, but it makes it really hard to do worthwhile things like studying university online, as I tried a while ago, and work, even from home.

Thanks for a very insightful post @naturalemotion5 you hit the nail in the head with this. My PTSD diagnosis is just self-given but I've been told by several ppl it should be more like CPTSD since I have had several, several traumas, abuse and neglect in my childhood and more.

I hope you find some peace and a bit of direction soon somehow and I wish you the best of luck my friend
rhinoinpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
naturalemotion5

Thanks for this!
Blknblu, naturalemotion5