Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2017
9,712 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 02, 2019 at 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous100305 View Post
Hello moomoocows: Yes. I have a history of head hitting and head banging. And I want to warn you... as a result of my relentless head banging (more-so than hitting, I believe) I now have Meniere's Disease which is a condition of the inner ear and tinnitus (constant ringing in the ears.) These conditions can be managed but not cured. I also have had a detached retina in one eye which I suspect was related to my self-harm activities.

There's more to be concerned about when you talk about head hitting / banging than concussions. So I would like to strongly recommend that, if you are not already receiving help for this, you do so. Over the long haul, there can be some really difficult consequences.

You mentioned that you tried the rubber band idea. Another thing I've heard suggested is to make a list of things you really like to do. Then when you feel like self-harming, pick out an activity from the list & do that, or a couple of the activities from your list, until the urge passes. But, really, this is something you should get professional help with. There can be serious long-term consequences for hitting or banging your head.
I am currently do this myself three days ago I begin to get dizzy and has a bad headache!
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote