View Single Post
Threadbare

Member Since Jan 2019
Default Jul 03, 2019 at 07:02 AM

Sisabel: How right you are when you state, "We don’t play the game."

And you, too, healingme4me, how fitting is a "Funny that, we had a Be Kind week at work.." slogan pasted all over one's intra-net at work.

The realities are stark when caring, empathetic individuals, such as you and the other folks here, wind up in situations where our best intentions get steamrolled over by the Corporate Uniform.

My company "won" "One of the Best Places to Work in 2019" award this year. Not unlike the Hollywood Walk of Fame, for which now your agent can purchase you a star---not like it was in the 30's, 40's and 50's, when it really meant something to have your handprints put in the wet concrete in front of Graumann's Chinese Theater. So our Intra-net has this plastered all over the company as its screen saver!! Talk about programming and self-aggrandizement (sp).

I myself was let-go from that "Best Places to Work" place on Friday. Because I cared. So yesterday I spent three hours in the dentist's chair getting a crown. Tomorrow is the Holiday. Friday I get to do "home laundromat" as my kids come home from summer camps and then turn around to go onto another set of camps. I am taking one day at a time.

To you and fellow members: Make one good thing for yourself happen, soon.
Threadbare is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote