View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,041 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 03, 2019 at 09:04 AM

Eve, sorry you're still having such a tough time. Maybe with the social media stuff you could give a time frame for them to find someone else to take that on? I hope you can get some help from the EAP. I once took advantage of that when I lived in the US and the counseling sessions were helpful. Hugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisabel View Post
You’re right that no work place is immune to toxicity. That’s why I gave up looking for another job and I pick my battles and fight back when I need to. I suspect some days I’m a big nuisance to my coworkers. Oh well. They’re stuck with me. Haha!

Haha, yeah. For the time being at least, I don't think I am going to look for something else. I had been looking at listings and don't really see anything I want to apply to. I had to go into the office the other day and from where we live now I had to leave the house a bit before 6 AM and freeze my butt off on the train platform (dark and 2 degrees C). It's not even covered or heated. If it rains you are stuck getting wet! At least now I can work from home.

If I had another job, I'd probably have to do similarly to make it to work on time. So, my job might be better (no guarantee), but my quality of life would suffer in other ways.

I'll probably continue to keep my eye out for an internal transfer and pick my battles as you say in the meantime. Some changes were implemented in the meeting the other day that I am cautiously optimistic about.
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous40643