View Single Post
Shoe

Member Since Aug 2009
34 hugs
given
Default Jul 04, 2019 at 12:25 PM

Another really interesting post Dan. I want to finish reading the Mental Health Daily article on the different types of delusions.
I remember hearing this interview with John Nash one time when he said that he thought that his delusions came about as a way to escape the reality of what was really taking place.
As far as synchronicity goes, I remember reading Jung stating that he believed that J.B. Rhine proved the validity of its existence with his empirical research.
When I was going through my psychotic breaks it was as if I could see synchronicity all around me. Almost everything had symbolic meaning and I was going through some kind of on the fly symbolic ritual. Later when I thought back to what I went through I thought that I was being super superstitious.
Not too long after that I was driving down the road and listening to the radio. It happened to be Friday the 13th and the DJ said that some philosopher once said that superstitions where for people that are too stupid to figure things out for themselves or can't afford a psychiatrist. I figured I must of been the first group because the psychiatrist I was seeing at the time was free.
Shoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote