Member Since Jun 2012
1,429 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 04, 2019 at 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtleyWilkins View Post
I hear you.

For me, I have found that my gut instinct has always been there, but it didn't mean I always listened to it though. I spent a lot of time not listening to my gut instinct, and it was the times I didn't listen to it that life went most awry. Fortunately, my therapists helped me trust myself again and listen to that inner voice that truly has known what was right for me. I've also fortunately never had my time with therapists end up as wasted time. I'm sorry that has been your experience; that sounds very painful.
Yes, my gut now says, run as completely as you can away from those people.

Does that mean that years and years of therapy "helped" me get in touch with my gut? No, I think it was some people posting in this forum with views about therapy that were contrary to what therapists said about themselves and their profession that started to clue me in. And the more I looked at that, the more it realistically matched my experience. The gut started waking up, despite the horror of realizing how much time and hope I had wasted on my previous view of therapy, which therapists had encouraged and exploited.
here today is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ArtleyWilkins, koru_kiwi, SalingerEsme, SilverTongued