View Single Post
Xynesthesia2
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2019
55 hugs
given
Default Jul 05, 2019 at 11:13 AM

I can easily talk about sex with anyone interested and who has an open mind, for me it is just a topic like any other. Did not do much of it in therapy simply because I don't have issues around sex or my sexuality. One thing that was a turnoff when I did though was a Ts judgment about open relationships and friends with benefits. He seemed to think that those are signs that a relationship is not healthy and people don't want to take responsibility - IMO, it is often the complete opposite when there is mutual respect, agreement and good management of safety in such relationships. Someone the T did not seem to understand that sex for the sake of sex can actually be very healthy and enhance a relationship where the main focus and drive is not really romantic, given that it is consensual and everyone involved benefits from it.

I often think that many forms of kink can actually be some of the best ways to explore one's (even darker) psychological needs, fantasies and drives far behind merely sexual, in some of the healthiest ways possible. Including acting out and satisfying some very primal and young needs in safe ways, I think it can be safer that therapy often is. I would also be a bit shocked if a T did not have even such basic understanding of psychology and human drives that they make negative judgments about unconventional interests, by default.
Xynesthesia2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127, susannahsays