View Single Post
SarahSweden
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
219 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 05, 2019 at 01:42 PM

Thanks. As I commented to other posts in this thread; it´s not that I don´t understand that living alone can mean different things to different people or that a divorce can be both good and bad.

But getting to know things about a former therapist is still valuable as it´s easy to put oneself in a role as someone unsuccessful while the therapists seem to have "perfect lives". Knowing some things about them makes me see a bit "below the surface" and to find a space where I can see similarities instead of just feeling inferior.

My post isn´t about the members of this forum but about how clients relate to their therapists and how they experience transference. I have never said I think I understand the whole life of a therapist just by finding facts about them online. Also, this post isn´t about debating the value of knowledge about a T or possible interpretations of info found about a T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I’d not see any benefit assuming one struggles based on the fact that they live alone or their flat is small or they got divorced. Sometimes divorce is a good thing, small place could be very cosy and pretty, some people enjoy living alone, living alone doesn’t mean people aren’t in a relationship or don’t have sex life or don’t have social life.

Sometimes when people live alone, they have more social life than when they have a family because they don’t have to rush home to cook or take care of kids. When I lived alone I actually had more social life than ever because I had no one to rush home to, I had less housework to do and my place was small so not much cleaning needed etc so I was out and about doing things, meeting people and going places and then enjoying my quiet place. It was great time all around. I’d hate someone assuming I was struggling or was lonely because I lived alone or had a small place.

I think assuming you understand others lives by just looking st some snippets is detrimental to you
SarahSweden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote