View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 06, 2019 at 01:59 AM

Oh Blanche girl your struggle is real! I am fearful of when I have to go back to work. I have raised kids and haven't worked since my youngest was born. I am 44 now and even though I have a degree, I have no career and never used it. I am trying to get my act together so I can sub in the schools. I am hoping that it can lead to something that wont be biased against me or ask about employment gaps. Anyone that says there is no age bias is not living in this world. Anyone that says unemployment bias does not exist has no idea what it is like trying to find a job when you do not have one. You are put in an awkward position whether or not you use an agency. Agencies have their own agendas and like you said can just not like you and work against you. Cold applications can seem like the ideal but then you are faced with questions about why you haven't worked and what your "issues" are that make you so "unemployable". They assume you are desperate and will take any bone they throw at you. Sure, it can be desperate but if you are looking for something to build a career or support yourself you are going to need more than just "any" job.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote