Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,312 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 06, 2019 at 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadveiledbride View Post
hi, any ideas of how to cope? feeling like i'm losing people in my life and i don't know how to feel anymore. thanks in advance
Hi sadveiledbride. I am sorry for the loss of people in your life. It is something that sounds so rough to go through. Since everyone grieves differently and at different times, I am not sure if what helped me will be a help to you but here goes my coping routine.

I find a routine really helps me. I use my phone to schedule events and get reminders. Even chores go on the schedule. Then I at least feel things are on the schedule and I am not looking at a blank slate.

Part of what helps me process emotions is exercise like cardio, yoga, Tai Chi, chi Kung and strength training. I try to have 6-8 hour classes every week. even on weekends I do exercises on my own to get the energy going.

I do mindfulness whenever my thoughts and emotions start to get out of wack. Jon Kabat Zinn explains it better than I do: YouTube

For me a low carb high protein diet helps my moods stay more stable. Check with your doctor if you have medical conditions that require a special diet.

The following articles may be of interest

On Grief, Loss and Coping

The 5 Stages of Grief & Loss

The 5 stages of grief are not like a movie that go in order. Today we may be angry, tomorrow denying, next week depression then accepting then anger. It can be a topsy turvy emotional ride. Whatever stage you are in right now is okay. It is what you are experiencing now.

Feel free to message me if you care to.

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
sadveiledbride

Thanks for this!
sadveiledbride