Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,312 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 06, 2019 at 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1620 View Post
My dad passed away last year. I was really close to him and it has been a hard time for me this past year adjusting to life without him. Since he passed, I always feel like life is falling apart for me and that it will never get better. I am new to this support group and I'm really confident that this will help me get better and cope more.
I am sorry for the loss of your dad. Losing someone you are so close to must be so rough.

I lost my dad 2 years ago. I thought I had grieved as I saw him slowly fade away over a couple years before he departed. But the more I focused on the grief, the worse things seemed. It seemed like grief and regret and remorse were a bottomless well.

I had to start reinventing my life. It seemed like the bottom came out under me and I was not sure who I was anymore. Everyone finds something that works for them.

For me I had to set up a routine to cope with the loss of my dad. I had to start when I woke up in bed and started doing stretching exercises. I went to yoga and Tai Chi class. I went to support groups. I came here. I guess I just needed to focus on something else because when I did the grief faded in the background. It still comes back but I am starting to accept that he did the best he could and I did the best I could. I guess it just has to be because I have to go on with life.

Helping other people helps me too. Again it takes the focus off my suffering and shows me how much others suffer too. And I can help them in little ways.

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote