guilloche
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2014
2,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 06, 2019 at 10:38 PM

Ugh...

So, I have a childhood history of some heart problems that left me with a murmer. Since I'm now at the age where people worry about these things, my doctor asked me to see a cardiologist, just to "check what's going on".

On Wednesday, the day before the 4th of July, they did an echo and stuck a monitor on me for 2 weeks. I'm on day 4 (Saturday). And I'm not wearing it.

The stickers for the electrodes are HURTING me. My skin is red, and developing welts. It's so uncomfortable. I tried using the medical tape (used to hold on bandages) and sticking the electrodes to that instead, but it's still painful and irritated. Even after not wearing it most of today for a break.

The stupid thing (to me) is - they stuck this thing on me the day before a holiday, and then a weekend... so nobody to really call for help.

I've sent a message to the company that makes it, via their website (I saw online that some of these companies will send you a different type of electrode if you have problems, one that is less irritating to sensitive skin).

But I can't very well call the doctor's office at 11:30pm on a Saturday night.

I'm stressing. I'm worried that me not wearing it will cause problems - like maybe insurance will refuse to pay their part, and I'll get stuck with a huge bill (I already have a ridiculous bill from the echo!).

But I tried putting it back on, and it just... hurt. I tried to take some pictures, but it's not super clear (you can see welts in one though). I don't want to put it on, wait for it to get worse, so I can take better pics!

Anyway - wondering if anyone else has ever worn one of these, and any tips for how to attach the electrodes without killing my skin?

Or other tips in general for dealing with this, aside from trying to call the doctor's office first thing Monday (which, ugh! But I guess I should let them know.)

Ugh ugh ugh. Did I already say, "ugh"?!?! UGH!

Thanks.
guilloche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote