Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2019
1,732 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 07, 2019 at 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSweden View Post
I can relate to much of what your´re writing. With my former T I felt both like a child getting support but through getting hugs and compliments from my therapist I also got sexual thoughts about her. She was about twelve years older than me.

As you mention I have felt attraction to both this former T specifically but also towards counsellors I´ve talked to more briefly. My former T sometimes wore low cut shirts and happened to lean forward and I saw "too much" of her breasts which was part of making me think of her sexually.

I though not imagine me having sex with her or other counsellors, I instead think of if they have a partner (if they haven´t told me already), if they have sex with him (her) or with themselves. I also get thoughts like "do she and her husband have any sex life as they live in a rather small flat together with adult children?" and similar.

I could perhaps tell a future T about this but before I told her anything I would ask her if she´s comfortable in talking about erotic transference that also includes the therapist herself and not only past therapists.

Do you experience those feelings every time you see your therapist?

Not every session, but I've experienced some degree of physical attraction towards her during most of the last few. As I said my feelings are tangled up with childlike ones so it's very confusing. I think the childlike ones are dominant most of the time while I'm actually with her, but when I'm thinking about her at home they turn more erotic. It's very strange. I'm glad others can relate! I think that asking a T whether they are comfortable with discussing erotic transference especially directed at them is good way to gauge whether it is safe to talk about it. I suspect my T would be fine with it, but I can't imagine feeling able to talk about all that.
Lonelyinmyheart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Blueberry21

Thanks for this!
just2b, LonesomeTonight