View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Jul 07, 2019 at 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downandlonely View Post
I joined this place after another site that I had been a long-time member of stopped. It's still up, but no one goes there anymore, so it's kind of me talking to myself. One of the members of that site mentioned this one. I'm glad to be somewhere so active, and I especially like chat.

I notice most of you don't come on chat. Why is that?
Hi downandloney. I think that for those that like chat rooms, it's great that PC has one. When I have visited chat rooms, I found them overwhelming. For me, it's like trying to hit 10 oncoming fast-moving balls with one racket. Also, sometimes there are side conversations going on and one can feel left out. It's just not my preferred venue for (and style of) communication.

Wild Coyote, being a forum facilitator/moderator is a special volunteer job and an often thankless and sometimes stressful one. Thank you for volunteering to do that. I was a facilitator/moderator for a once popular bipolar forum. I know that my fellow facilitators and I sometimes felt we couldn't seek support in our roles, but that wasn't true. I assume PC moderation is peer-led. Or am I wrong? The website forum I was a facilitator for was, similar to DBSA in-person groups.

Last edited by Anonymous46341; Jul 07, 2019 at 07:52 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Wild Coyote, ~Christina