View Single Post
TunedOut
Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Jul 08, 2019 at 10:43 AM

A person in my life cannot stand it when I point in their direction. After picking them up (about 45 minutes from my house), I pointed and said, "there's a golf course, it's near a golf course." I pointed in their direction but my hand was about 8 inches away and I pointed to a place in front of them. I am not familiar with the area and it's a new place we have never dined at.

I had forgotten how much they hate pointing in their direction because they have only ridden in the truck one other time since June 3rd. When they asked me to apologize I did and said I would try to remember not to do that. When we got out of the car, they argued that I was bullying them and had to agree that I would not (not try not) ever do that again. We have argued about this in the past and as we sat there next to the car, they would not drop what I did. I should have just agreed to everything they said and not offered any further commentary but I found myself feeling angry so I said, if we can't drop this then I am just going to drop you off where you would like me to. The argument continued so I got back in the car, gave them $35 and the new shoes, clothes and swimsuit, I had bought then left feeling sad that things are so stressful between us.

If I had stayed, I might have lost my patience. Last time I saw them, I took extra medication and had not today. Next time I will. I don't want them to feel abandoned but I also do not want to get upset when I am with them. I feel like we bring out the worst in each other now and I am trying to let go for both of our sakes. The last time I saw them was over a week and a half ago. Is there something wrong with me in that I cannot take being lectured about how disrespectfully and bullying it was to accidentally point their way? How can I diffuse the situation better? I would have liked to have had a better visit but do not know when I will go back. I feel like they are better off without me.

Should I just stay out of their life for a long while (just see them once a month or less)? We do usually talk briefly once a day but didn't the last two days. Perhaps talking once a day on the phone is too much too? I feel like neither of us are quite right, if you know what I mean? I am willing to not be a part of their life if that would help them the most.
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, MickeyCheeky, Open Eyes, penguinh