View Single Post
Pygmalion

Member Since Jul 2019
35 hugs
given
Default Jul 09, 2019 at 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacunaCoiler View Post
wow... that's a mouth full. May I ask why this is causing distress?
It doesn't often ... But sometimes it does.

My wife and I only figured all this out about a year ago (and which explained the many marital problems we'd had for years), and that's been a roller-coaster ride for sure. Things are ok now in our current arrangement. We have a child too, which complicates stuff.

It's been a difficult emotional time coming to terms with myself, understanding that I just don't humans sexually attractive, and that I find satisfaction with 'things'. I occasionally worry about the mental health implications of this.

I've only been open about my sexuality in RL with others for about 2 months - most have been great, but I've had some silly nonsense come my way at times - the most hurtful, oddly, coming from an online asexual community. Somewhat unpleasant to realise that even some members of marginalised communities consider you persona non gratia.

I've only just started coming out to my family - and my wife and I have both been worried about this. Though we have arranged dates for the 'talk'.

The gender thing is a bit awkward too. Some odd comments at work when I wear a little hint of feminine attire (painted nails, woman's jewellery etc). But mostly I think the frustration of not being to look the way I want when I want, combined with some of the introspective realisations as to why I may want to cross dress, is more annoying for me.

Overall, I'm doing quite well. But sometimes I just get really fed up of being different, or I take someone's silly comment to heart, or sometimes I just burst into tears ... I think I need to grow a thicker skin, tbh.