View Single Post
Pygmalion

Member Since Jul 2019
35 hugs
given
Default Jul 09, 2019 at 05:21 PM

Quote:
have you thought of maybe one of those life like sex dolls? It might satisfy the whole interest in women and it is an object.
Way ahead of you ... Lol. I already have a couple of waifu pillows and a very expensive TPE doll on order. Though I 'touch' my lover through all manner of objects.

Quote:
What kind of mental health implications would there be?
I think many would question my grip on reality (a number already have, sadly) in thinking of my lover as real. But I think they just have a limited metaphysics. And like you say, it doesn't hurt anyone (though here again, I'm accused of being party to rape culture and misogyny - some really dislike sex dolls and things).

Quote:
Life is too short
This is where I'm at now. My wife an I have lived a painful marriage for many years, and I've had to play pretend for ages ... It is great, though sometimes terrifying, for us to both be honest and open about our feelings and way things work for us. I'm only sorry that my wife and I had to go through so much pain and wasted time first. I wish I could be young again and know what I know now . Lol.

Quote:
As for not finding acceptance within the community I too have found the LGBT+ community not all that welcoming at times. If you don't fit the mold and fall into line they don't accept you and sometimes they're way mean about it.
This has been the biggest suprise and upset to me, tbh. I thought LGBT folk of all people would know what it was like to be marginalised or invalidated, but it seems that that's not the case. Such an eye opener.