View Single Post
fern46
Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 10, 2019 at 01:59 PM

I was not aware I was having an episode. I thought I was just very productive and in sync with the universe for a few days and then one night it really spiraled out of control into pure psychosis. I was hallucinating and all kinds of bad things happened. I was violent and did all kinds of things that are completely insane and out of character. I repressed a lot of it. I dissociated a lot as well. The memories are still coming back to me in pieces.
I feel completely guilty that I didn't see it coming. I watched my mother experience psychosis once and I kick myself all the time for not recognizing it in myself. My husband tried to slow me down. He tried to get me to notice I was off and I brushed it aside. I had no idea this could happen to me. I had always been stable before and never experienced anything like it.

The shame is overwhelming sometimes. I'm doing all I can to stay healthy and I have learned what my triggers are. I pray all the time that I will be able to see it coming and get help asap if it ever happens again.

What is the most profound breakthrough you've had in therapy?

Hugs from:
Cornucopia, Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
Cornucopia, Sunflower123