View Single Post
divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,280 hugs
given
Default Jul 12, 2019 at 10:23 AM

Good question. I’d say whatever you two want to call each other.

I am married so that’s no brainer how to call my husband but I had a long term significant other for 8-9 years and at least last 5 of those we lived together. We referred to each other as boyfriend/girlfriend. We were up in age too.

I never thought of calling him my husband but I had family members who referred to him as such. Like “where is your husband?” It never sounded right to me.

And one time I had this funny story. My niece 5-6 at the time asked me why I had two husbands. I about to fell over. I in fact had zero husbands at the time. She was referring to my daughters father, who is my ex husband, and my live-in boyfriend/significant other , whom she heard some people called my “husband”. So poor kid thought her auntie is bigamist or something.lol I had hard time explaining to her.

I am not a traditional person but I don’t call someone I am not married to as a husband. Like if I indicated everywhere that I wasn’t legally married why would I say I have a husband BUT I don’t care either way what others call each other.

Don’t give it another thought. If you two are commited to each other, then that’s what matters
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Chyialee