View Single Post
Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 12, 2019 at 01:50 PM

Struggling the past couple days but I think things will get better, I'm learning more about myself. Stress, anxiety and lack of sleep often trigger my binges. Sometimes boredom, less often than the other two though. It's just a habit to eat to make myself feel good and that just results in using compensatory behaviors to "make up" for the binges and the cycle goes on. In the past 3 days, I binged/purged 2 of the days. The first day I was stressed and super tired from not sleeping enough and I binged/purged. 2nd day I didn't binge or purge, and that was the day after the night I slept a full 8 hours and felt good mentally. Today I binged, did not purge, only got 4 hours of sleep last night. But I'm just using this stuff to learn about how this pattern works instead of beating myself over some slip ups. I'm noticing triggers to the b/p episodes when I look back and go over the previous days/weeks. etc

Obviously getting good sleep and managing stress and anxiety are vital to recovery. Keeping busy is important too. And doing stuff that feels good that doesn't involve food. Like playing videogames and card games, drawing or coloring, journaling, watching favorite shows and movies, reading, and listening to music. Going to church and connecting to my faith helps, and mindfulness helped me very much in the past so I'm working on using that more. Aromatherapy is great too, there's something so relaxing about good smells

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi