View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Jul 12, 2019 at 08:00 PM

Hello Fdz: Thank you for bringing your concern here to PC. I see this is your first post. So... welcome to Psych Central.

I don't know a lot about fetishes. (There may be other members, here on PC, who will be more knowledgeable.) But from what I have read it seems the consensus of opinion on fetishes is that they can be extremely difficult if not impossible to break. The general advice seems to be to indulge them in as safe a manner as possible. So my personal non-professional thought would be to go ahead & get rubber boots if you want them.

The question of your brothers is, of course, another matter. You wrote that it would be difficult to hide the boots from your brothers. So if having rubber boots, & having your brothers know about them, would potentially open you up to teasing or other kinds of sibling difficulties then that might constitute a reason to not actually purchase the real thing. But, there again, these are just my own personal thoughts on the subject. Other more knowledgeable members my have differing perspectives.

You mentioned having OCD. So here's a link to an article by our host Dr. John Grohol, Psy.D., from Psych Central's archives, on that subject. The article also provides links to additional articles on the subject:

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) | Psych Central

And then, speaking of your mother & your brothers, one additional forum that may be of interest to you here on PC would be the relationships & communication forum. Here's a link:

https://psychcentralforums.com/relat...communication/

I hope you find PC to be of benefit.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote