View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 13, 2019 at 06:41 AM

First off you will NEVER know accurately how many people have gone through childhood neglect. There is no way of getting that number.

Second....childhood neglect is like a spectrum thing. My childhood neglect was different from those parents with high drive for their kids. My parents had no drive & minimal education so they could function...also because of their own mental states were not well capable of functioning in society so I never was able to learn from them.. I had to figure it out on my own & all I really grasped was that there was so much more to life than I ever experienced growing up. I never figured out what my parents issues were or my husbands (another story that ties in) until I was in my late 50's & had left my bad marriage.....& during those years I fought to get my BS degree & have a computer engineering career.

People have gone through all different levels (kinds) of CEN....& each come out differently even though they have gone through it....the effects are different. The symptoms aren't neately packaged like the DSM symptoms & the neglect that happened isn't either

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Cocosurviving

Thanks for this!
Cocosurviving, Serpentine Leaf