eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 13, 2019 at 06:57 AM

Quote:
An opportunity to meet other CEN people for dating would be pretty great too.
Hmmmm....just a thought....maybe it would be better to date people who have grown up in a healthy environment but who are sympathetic to those who haven't.

The reason I say this is because I married a dysfunctional guy even though I saw the red flags because I really didn't recognize them because they looked enough different from what I grew up with that they weren't obviously the same.

It wasn't until after both my parents died & I left my bad marriage & moved away & was finally surrounded by less dysfunction that it finally hit me just how totally dysfunctional my life had been because my choices even though I fought for them to be different were still under dysfunction because it was all I was surrounded by & all I had known.

It is wonderful to be around those with the same struggles to talk about & to validate & compair....but there is a whole other life out there that does not have to be tied to the fact that we went through CEN.

Sometimes if we surround ourselves ONLY by people who have gone through what we have, we miss out on a whole different level of learning & growth

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
CANDC, circles5

Thanks for this!
circles5