View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Jul 13, 2019 at 12:45 PM

I love my cat but since he was a teen kitty he has been impossible to take to the vet. He reacts so badly. So badly he hurts himself.

The last vet visit he ripped out his nail.. and the imho selfish vet just put him back in the carrier and didn't tell me... forcing me to deal with it when I got home. Because there was no way to get him back in the carrier after that.

Every time I ask for a sedative they refuse and give me this pill called Nerontin. This is not a sedative. It is for seizures. Thus it can make him wobbly on this feet but not sleepy. But mostly it doesn't work.

So basically I am NOT taking him to the vet unless there is a dire need.

So when my cat has something wrong with him I need to insure that I have to take him to the vet. I can't just up and do it. And 99% of the time that I have taken him to the vet it has been utterly useless. I.e. they don't examine him at all (because he is so fractious) and say well, if he isn't better in a few days lets us know and bring him back.

So when I ask about the slightest thing on pet message boards I get... take him to the vet. No matter how many times I explain the situation no one provides any information and just tells me to take him to the vet or tells scary stories about what it could be. It is soo frustrating.

Today he woke up limping. I am about 99% sure that it is arthritis. He is 13 years old. He actually has had this issue before when he was younger. Just jumped on it the wrong way and hurt himself.

So I asked people. I got a lot of take him to the vet and it could be xx disease which is fatal. Ugh. SHUT UP... geese. I swear people just respond this way because they know something about xx disease and want to be the one in the room who knows the most. They never ask what is actually going on or try to find the least intrusive thing. Always always, go throw your money away.

I will give him supplements for arthritis and see how he responds. If he doesn't respond or it gets worse I will take him to the vet or have them come out to my house geeze.

I don't understand why people have to be so unsupportive about pets.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Goforward, mote.of.soul, Travelinglady