View Single Post
circles5

Member Since Dec 2011
15 hugs
given
Default Jul 14, 2019 at 09:11 AM

Hi,
I'll try and not vent, but I'm seriously frustrated at the way I've been treated by the NHS in the U.K.
I've been on the waiting list for CAT therapy to treat my Avoidant Personality Disorder, OCPD and childhood trauma for 18months.

I had a meeting with a psychiatrist last week and was told I've been kicked off the waiting list.
I was given no reason - other than; well there's a lot of people on the waiting list 'I hope you understand'.
Yes I understand! I am one of those people on the waiting list!!??

Then I pushed, saying the above... and was told: "There is no effective treatment for Avoidant Personality Disorder" So we won't put you back on the waiting list for therapy".
>
Again, I was already on the waiting list for CAT(Cognitive-Analytical-Therapy) specifically for my Avoidant Personality Disorder, OCPD and Trauma.

So now, I have no help, no therapy, very little in terms of any support other than my mum who has severe mental health issues herself.
I'm devastated by this news. I've been hanging in there for some help for 18months, and now I'm at less than square one. Square one would be getting on a waiting list.... - I've now been told they refuse to put me back on the waiting list.
-----------

In the past I've had a lot of CBT for my BDD and OCD.
Made good progress with BDD, but none with OCD.
This was another reason they won't give me therapy. -> "You've had a lot of therapy, and there are many people waiting for therapy"
I.e: You've had your lot, now go away.

Thing is since my last round of CBT which was almost 3 years ago, I've recieved 4 new diagnosis: AVPD, OCPD, Dependant Personality Disorder and Childhood emotional neglect.
And since I got Diagnosed I have had no help, no one to talk to about my diagnosis. Nada.
And now it looks like I won't have anyone to talk to as this psychiatrist is the one calling the shots. And she's clearly insane.
I can ask for a second opinion but that'll probably take months to get an appointment knowing the NHS..
All the meanwhile I'll still not be on the waiting list.... and will have no support.
She was happy to prescribe me an anti-psychotic however.

I'm so fed up with this country and the mis-treatment I receive.
My G.Ps, even told me to buy Diazepam off a street-dealer when I lost my prescription ONCE. As I was 'clearly selling them on the street myself'

ugh.
So, I'm f****d it appears.

RX: 4mg Diazepam daily

___
circles5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AllHeart, Fuzzybear, malika138, mostlylurking, Out There, rainbow8, seeker33, Spirit of Trees, Taylor27, unaluna, zapatoes