View Single Post
Jedi67
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2019
1,913 hugs
given
Default Jul 14, 2019 at 11:29 AM

I can relate. I suffer from vivid and frightening dreams and they are usually a sign or trigger to something starting up with my mixed episodes or manias. I keep track of what my dreams are about and how many a week I have. Even my PDoc has suggested writing them down. I get around 4-5 vivid dreams a week that vary. Some bad, some forgettable and some very pleasant. It's the ones that are scary which results in me shouting out in my sleep, scaring the hell out of my wife. I wear a CPAP machine and sometimes I find that I yank the mask off in the middle of the night. Fortunately, these dreams are starting to wan. Only because I have had some mania after having a few wonky dreams in one night. On the other hand, I sometimes I believe my hypomania may even cause the dreams. I usually listen to an audiobook or a movie score to get me to sleep without having any dreams that linger long after I've woken up. If I wake up not remembering any dreams then I can move ahead and make the most of my day with mania or depression.

Diagnosed 2008
Bipolar II with Mixed States, Rapid Cycling with Anxiety / Depression:
Meds: Zoloft, Latuda, Gabapentin & Depakote.
Jedi67 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, fern46, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote