View Single Post
lifecansuck

Member Since Jan 2019
Default Jul 14, 2019 at 03:49 PM

Hi All,
I'm wondering if anybody with experience with Lamictal and insomnia has any input to my current situation.
**** 9 months ago I was on 200mg lamictal (generic) taken in the morning. I thought it worth a try to go back up to 250 which I was on a year prior (sucked going down to 200). So after a week on new 250 mg I started having bad sexual sideeffects (not good for starting a new relationship) so after 2 weeks I dropped back down to 200mg (morning) (-50 mg per day). After the 10 days of mental hell subsided this god awful insomnia started. However this is different from other bouts of no sleep... This time I am not tired during the day until day 3-4, yet I screw things up, terrible memory and all exacerbated from no sleep . When I go to bed I am tired , calm, cool , not in a bad place ( a little indica hours earlier shifts my mood to a better place). So my mind isnt going , physically I'm relaxed... yet I JUST LAY THERE , drowsy, too tired to read or do anything... but I just don't fall asleep and if I do, a couple hours later I'm up . Ive had mixed results with prescription meds and non prescription meds.
My current working theory is going up 50 mg of Lamictal then back down 2 weeks later screwed my brain up some how? My psychiatrist, psychologist and primary care doc have no idea. The only possible culprit is the Lamictal... However going off it is hell for me and I dont want to put myself thru that if I dont have to .

Here some background info:
I wasn't too stressed about it cause I know there can be some kick backs when adjusting meds (so being anxious about it wasn't always a factor ) but the weeks turned into months ...I am not bipolar, I have General anxiety and some depression from being worn down with issues.. and alitle ADD (no hyper). My life does really suck at times for the past 10 years with stress daily (have been doing some mindfulness to help with it) .However these issues are nothing new. I currently take 200 mg Lamical 150 mg wellbutrin (generics) and trying different sleep things on and off.
Any ideas? similar experiences? opinions or recommendations?

Thankyou in advance.
lifecansuck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote