View Single Post
Anonymous48672

Default Jul 14, 2019 at 08:34 PM

It's 2019. Time to let go of the old stereotypes we were raised with -- that traditional students were in college from 18-21. That does not happen anymore as the norm. Many people go back to school later in life. Don't let that label negatively effect you. Wear it proudly. The next time someone refers to you that way, you could always turn it into a positive, "That's right. And I'm fortunate that I got to experience a lot of life b/c its helped me appreciate academic learning so much more."

When my class of 1992 graduated, I had to watch all of my friends graduate with their college degrees. I had taken time off for personal reasons. I returned back to college the year my brother was a freshman and graduated with him and he's 4 years younger than me. Talk about humiliating but I did it b/c I wanted my college degree. I got over it quickly. Then decided, I wanted to go back to school to get a graduate degree in my 30s and so I did. Now I'm in my late 40s and getting another masters degree. I don't care if people judge me b/c they don't know me. Everyone is on their own path, you know? No one is on the same path. Everyone is unique. Enjoy your path!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
shakespeare47

Thanks for this!
BehindtheScenes, shakespeare47