randomer123
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2018
4 hugs
given
Default Jul 15, 2019 at 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetcarBlanche View Post
You wrote in another thread on the dream forum that you had a dream about this guy you met online, and you are worried that you are obsessing about him.

If you know you are obsessing about him, why do you think you are? Because you know you can't have him because he's not made himself available to you? So that makes him more desirable to you?

Sometimes people obsess about things to distract themselves from psychological pain that they're experiencing with another situation in their life. Maybe obsessing and fantasizing about this online guy you know, is a way for you to distract yourself from having to deal with something that's really bothering you, that you are too scared to process and deal with? So really, obsessing about this online guy is not good for you.

Maybe you create a victim online to get his attention, so that you can manipulate him into caring for you, when really you said it yourself, you are too scared to reach out and ask people for help?
Oh, no this is two totally different things. The obsessions mentioned in this thread are objects I become obsessed with and think about a lot. The guy online is just a crush, I wouldn't say I was obsessed with him, though sometimes I feel like I am, I then realise I'm not. And I don't try to get his attention. I know if I whinged and played victim to him, it would make him ignore me anyway.

The attention I try to get is from other people, mostly offline, about these other obsessions. I seem to think they know more about them than me, but I don't think that's true. Also the guy in the dream wasn't the guy I have a crush on, he was older. It's just that something connected him to it. Since I wrote that thread, I've realised that dream had nothing to do with him, I just thought it might have.
randomer123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote