Legendary

Member Since Jan 2009
7,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 15, 2019 at 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmalion View Post
I think of what you, possum, and childofchaos are describing as isolation rather than loneliness.
Perhaps that's just a semantic difference.

I am unable to fully connect with people, and I suspect no one can with anyone, and that feels bad, but it doesn't seem to be exactly what people mean when they say they are lonely. For example, most people try to 'cure loneliness' by meeting people - but if the issue is that one cannot form connections with people then this would be a pointless attempt at a solution.

So, I seek company not to end the bad feeling of isolation, which cannot be ended, but simply to alleviate boredom, which could also equally be ended by finding solo activities.

Does that make sense?

You may think of it as isolation Pygmalion. I don't not believe that pure isolation would cause emotional pain. I could go to a beach and be alone and that would not cause this pain.

For me loneliness is an emotion that brings me pain. Isolation is being alone. Boredom is something else all together. Connection is as foreign to me as it seems to you but I am told it is possible.

I don't need google to define my emotions or the pain I feel.

PS Unaluna said what I so messily tried to explain.

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna