View Single Post
Roamer1115

Member Since Jun 2019
3 hugs
given
Default Jul 15, 2019 at 11:32 AM

No difference between slip and relapse as far a drinking or other addictions you are working on.

I do think we can have emotional relapses without actually using alcohol or drugs or sex or gambling etc etc...ie Dry Drunk...but this would not be called a Slip and therefore starting over in sobriety length. If it were and we are all honest with ourselves, non of use would be anywhere near five or ten years sober??without a emotional slip that is.

The premise of the program is to be able to get through our emotions without drinking or using our drugs. When we relapse emotionally, we have our AA sponsor or friends to help us back on the right track...whatever that means...including perhaps sexual relationships or isolation etc etc.

Still these are only words, slip, relapse, dry drunk, they have a different meaning in our 12 Step programs of course. Also maybe different depending on who is giving the opinion. In the end, it is the person that you see in the mirror that will tell you the truth.

While I am only sober old timer of 40 years, I've had my emotional and physical bouts and dry drunks. I've used the program well and have a good foundation, yet if I compare myself to others and where I'd prefer to be in my sobriety or personal growth...I'm just not there yet!

I have to say, in my opinion, number on addiction is always the chemical. The other addictions can of course lead to drinking and drugging, if you do not take the first drink or drug, you have a chance to get right with yourself and others, for That Experience and not take yourself down more with the chemical alcohol or drugs.

Best of Luck with your sobriety and Life ... One Day At A Time!
Roamer1115 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi