View Single Post
JupiterBraytech

Member Since Jul 2019
11 hugs
given
Default Jul 15, 2019 at 07:45 PM

Hey everyone, I need some advice. So basically I'm having problems with my stepfather. He's been married to my mother for two years or so now, but our relationship has always came on in swings. But now I can not tolerate him anymore.

Things started out really well, he was affectionate and understanding about my hesitation with letting people into my life. The first problem that I remember was when I sick with strep throat. He has a weak immune system so he had sprayed our RV with disinfectant and air freshener. But the place was less than thirty feet so it made the air really musty and hard to breath in. He and my mom got into a fight so I had to go out in a cold night and sit in the car. Then I was told not to interact with him.

And ever since we've had severe ups and downs. Sometimes we hug and have really deep conversations and laugh. Other times we ignore each other and treat each other coldly.

But for the last few weeks I can't even look at him without wanting to snap at him. I try to stay as far away from him as possible.

Last night we went to a Chinese restaurant but I chose not to eat because of him. I settled for the bowl of egg_drop soup that my mom insisted on and my root beer instead of ordering for myself.

I hate it when he claims me and my siblings as his step kids and claims MY house as his. And I hate everything that belongs to him and anyone who cares for him. I'm getting into bad fights with my mom about kicking him and his mother out. And when I think about him I don't always feel anger per say, I don't feel anything for him. Just hot coldness and blame.

He told me once that if I don't submit to a certain life style and personality that I would not make it into adulthood. And me already having dealt with emotional abuse, it hit me really hard. He said, in words. "You know your going to die, right?" All because I just want make my choices and live my life the way I want to.

And I'm at a complete loss of what to do. Has anyone else dealt with this, what do I do? I don't feel safe and comfortable in my own house because of him. Please help.

Hugs from:
Bill3, TunedOut