Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 16, 2019 at 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterBraytech View Post
He's been married to my mother for two years or so now, but our relationship has always came on in swings. But now I can not tolerate him anymore.

He has a weak immune system so he had sprayed our RV with disinfectant and air freshener. But the place was less than thirty feet so it made the air really musty and hard to breath in. He and my mom got into a fight so I had to go out in a cold night and sit in the car. Then I was told not to interact with him.

I'm getting into bad fights with my mom about kicking him and his mother out. And when I think about him I don't always feel anger per say, I don't feel anything for him. Just hot coldness and blame.
Wow, I would hate having to breath in disinfectant too! (that doesn't sound healthy at all ) That there are now at least 4 people living in a 30 foot RV sounds very stressful! No where for you to retreat to when you and your stepfather aren't getting along. Fights are going to happen and occassionally things will be said that aren't right; however, if he says things like you aren't going to make it or you are going to die often and isn't saying positive things/helping you then that's abusive.

It sounds like your mom might be submissive to him and that is a huge problem for you because you don't have ties to him since he has only been married to your mom for a couple of years. It is understandable that you sometimes feel anger or just nothing for him. That's OK, just try not to act out immediately when you feel angry. A very tough situation. May I ask, how old are you? When you are 18, you might want to consider enlisting in the military or applying for a scholarship/financial aide in order to get out of this stressful situation. From what you have said, your stepdad is likely to push you out when you graduate from high school.
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote