happysobercrafter
Elder

Member Since Jul 2017
9,930 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 16, 2019 at 08:16 AM

@IrisBloom

I hear you. In my case, I blocked out almost my entire childhood. I barely remember any of it. I sat down a while back and wrote out what I could remember. I remember less than 3 pages of standard paper size and Ariel size 11 font. And most of what I can remember is abuse.

I started searching for answers because my life was so different from others. I really don't know if it would have been best for me to learn the truth about my background when I was younger. I don't know if I could have managed the size of it.

So, on being slow learners, LOL I am 62. We are in good company, you and I!!

@sarahsweets

Alcoholism and bullying are both symptoms of anger and insecurities that are untreated. For me, being overwhelmed with money problems and not knowing how to problem solve, I resorted to the easiest escape. So, my problems just got worse and I kept drinking to not face the messes I had created myself.

I can remember several times I abused people when I was sober and when I was drunk. It took me a ton of work to understand why I behaved how I did and to accept it. But that hard work benefited me because I can see the behavior for what it is. I can see how the bad habits get locked in place and how to stop. I had to heal the parts of me that hurt because that was the foundation of why I bullied and took my anger out at others.

"Love you.
Take care of you.

Be true to you.

You are the only you,
you will ever know the best.

Reach for YOUR stars.

You can reach them better
than anyone else ever can."

Landon Clary Eason
Grateful Sobriety Fangirl Since 11-16-2007

Happy Sober Crafter
happysobercrafter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote