View Single Post
Foo Fighter

Member Since Oct 2017
87 hugs
given
Angry Jul 16, 2019 at 10:34 AM

This has been a very long ongoing problem with my family. I speak too loudly. I do have issues talking with my Aspergers syndrome but how they tell me to handle it is downright rude. Here is a typical convo:

Me: So any way the vet said Sebastian just has a bug. Whew! Y'kn-
Mom/Dad/younger sibling: You are talking too loud. They then proceed to start their conversation that I have a hard time engaging in.
I shut up
True I do talk too loud but they never wait until I am done talking. They have cut me off mid sentence so many times that I have just told them "Well nevermind, it wasn't important, anyway." and shut up. I know that is not the most mature way to handle that but I do feel very hurt and angry like they really did not care for what I had to say and just want me to shut up.Its gone past the point of "oh, sorry." I understand they want to help me have a meaningful conversation but it feels like cutting me off mid sentence and changing the subject is more of a singling out and conversation killer. I have not really been taught how to deal with being too loud. Outside my family, my husband says I do talk a bit loud but he does that too....and that its noticeable but not horrible. My parents get him about it too in the same way. I understand they want to help but what they are doing is not helping at all. I feel like I'm a third wheel sometimes in conversations with my folks and sister as they all can have a conversation without trouble but I struggle as my sister is a very fast talker, my dad can go on for a long time and my mom just points out when I talk too loud. It's hard to keep up with them sometimes so I try to listen. Sorry if it's long I'm just frustrated because I feel like I just bother them. I know that's not true but it does,feel like they would rather I just be quiet.
Foo Fighter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, Buffy01, MickeyCheeky, Open Eyes, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Buffy01, MickeyCheeky