Thread: public abuse
View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Jul 16, 2019 at 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
But in my story nothing really got to any level above level that OP observed in the camp. The guy was just yelling, just like a guy in the camp. . No violence. It didn’t sit well with me though. What I was trying to say is you never know what’s going on
so it’s better to call.
True, there aren't always going to be obvious signs before a murder. It sounds like you went on a gut instinct, and you're right that we shouldn't ignore our instincts when we feel something is truly off. I still don't think calling the cops should be the first resort, though.

I've got a situation now where I'm witnessing an abusive relationship develop between two of my friends. I've only got a hunch, not any hard evidence, and I doubt there's any to find (yet). Nonetheless, it has the hallmarks of what will become an abusive relationship. He's got a temper, and she tries to tip-toe around it. I'm thinking there's a way to address the underlying problems before it even becomes an issue worthy of calling the cops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine
I don’t see a point in giving a woman info on CPS. If you see children being abused, you call CPS yourself. I’d not rely on her protecting her children if she allows abuse. It’s not like she never heard of CPS. She likely knows if she allows abuse, kids could be removed from her home
Sure, I would definitely call CPS if kids are being abused, and probably would've called in OP's case. Well, I would probably dig into it a little more beforehand to understand what was going on, but that's likely because I'm not getting enough detail from the original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by resurgam View Post
it's not really an issue of her "allowing" the abuse.
Have I implied this? If I did so, it was unintended.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote