View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Jul 16, 2019 at 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatafom View Post
If you’ve already observed her behaviour ie what pushes her buttons then it does seem as though she’s shared these vulnerabilities with you in order to fast track your friendship - she’s also asked the same from you right?
I’m not sure you’ll be able to end things neatly, maybe just being firm about not opening a bank account and on reflection the house sharing thing wasn’t a good idea?

Imo if you can be assertive and assured about it (which if you’re seeing it as sport shouldn’t be too hard) then you might get a bit of a ‘meh’ response response from her as she realises that her ‘charm’ hasn’t worked and will see that you can’t be manipulated and so will move on to her next victim.
Show some weakness over it and I’d bet she’d go mental at you as these kinds of people can just smell it and will use it to further manipulate you - it can only go one of those two ways?
Yeah, I've just been tied up (figuratively) and haven't seen her since posting this. Which is good, I suppose, because it gave me some space and time to plan.

I think you're right that this won't end neatly, regardless of what I do. But maybe that's the key. She's involved in a messy romantic affair with a co-worker, so perhaps that's my out.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote