Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 17, 2019 at 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers View Post
Sorry bad wording. As a DID it is normal to have ones of different sexes. So obviously, whatever sex your T is you have ones of the opposite. How do your opposite sex ones feel about that? We did have a husband & wife team for awhile. That was awesome. Not practical today.
actually here where I am its not the norm for DID systems to have alters of opposite genders, its actually quite rare for this to happen according to my states mental health statistics and demographics. you can find out if its considered normal or rare according to your locations statistics/ demographics by searching through your local libraries Census and mental health statistics and contact your locations county and state health department.

I did not have alters of different genders and neither did any of those I know or knew in my state that had DID.

not saying it doesnt happen, just that in me, my friends and those I know it didnt happen and statistics for my location states its a very extremely rare occurrence.

my point for me it never was an issue of how alters of opposite gendered handle various treatment providers genders.

I did have the chance to interview someone for one of my college papers who said they had an opposite gendered alter. that alter was only own when the person they resided in was dissociating, and the trigger matched the trigger that the alter handled...(skunks, skunk odors) and considering the treatment provider didnt have any skunks in their office which would trigger that alter taking control. so for them it was a non issue.

since DID begins in very early childhood and in ones life time from early childhood to adult a person naturally has various treatment providers medical doctors, dentists, therapists, psychiatrists, school psychologist, school nurses, teachers and so on all the way through your life time of being DID, your system is probably well prepared and ok to handle the fact that different gendered people have been in your life all yours and your alters life.

if this continues to bother you spends some time asking your alters how all these years they have handled having doctors, teachers, friends, classmates and more of different genders.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote