View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Jul 18, 2019 at 07:21 AM

So after about 10 days dieting I am happy that I lost 4 lbs. (obviously some of that is water weight). I have probably eaten more than 1000 per day (about 1200) so I do think it is possible that my TDEE is 1600 to 1700 ( what it is supposed to be)

I am considering purchasing a real doctor's scale because my digital scale imho doesn't work right. I discovered that if I take the batteries out... and put them back in.. my scale seems to give me the actual weight. Otherwise it is like the scale gets stuck at a certain weight and doesn't move. Taking the batteries out seems to reset it.

So far I haven't had to use the weight loss drug.

I also discovered a similar diet called EatRight2Lose weight. The use of the "number" in the title gave me pause but, it seems like it was a diet that came from real dieters on a message board that noticed dieting for too long would cause them to stall. This plan is a little different. It has 5 phases.

- Restore your metabolism: if you have been dieting for a long time you have to eat more no matter if you gain weight until your metabolism is back.
- Cut, you cut no more than 15% of your calories for about 3 to 5 weeks
- chill, you stop cutting and eat at your TDEE for about 2 weeks (but track to make sure you are not over doing it)
- Maintain, eat what you want without tracking for about 2 weeks.
- Bulk, lift weights for a few weeks while eating the same as maintain.

This plan is meant not to be a diet but to be a more long term way of life. It seems entirely sound. So I feel like I will do that when I hit merely overweight.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote