View Single Post
sarcgeo

Member Since Jul 2019
11 hugs
given
Default Jul 18, 2019 at 10:33 AM

Hello,

Warning, this may be a bit long.

I am new here. My wife and I have been married for 7 years and have 1 child together. She also has a child from a previous marriage. This child I have known for his entire life. In essence, he is like a son to me, yet he is not biologically mine. My wife eventually has become 100% committed to getting a divorce.

Admittedly, our marriage was not the greatest, yet there were never cases of physical abuse, infidelity, or drug dependence. The main problem was my temper. I don't want to go too much into my background, but my temper eventually alienated my wife from me. I would never get into name calling, but I am told that I can get pretty frightening. I have never raised my hand to someone, while I was angry. So to recap, my wife alienated herself from me so that in essence, I felt like a room mate instead of her husband.

I need to give a little background, we moved in 2015, to be closer to my wife's mother. That way, she could watch our daughter. She agreed and was happy to watch our daughter and it gave me comfort to know that a family member would be taking care of our daughter. My wife and I can not afford day care, but the hammer came on July 15, 2019. My mother-in-law told us she no longer wanted to take care of our daughter. Our daughter can misbehave and can be quite disobedient. So, my wife and I agreed to begin our home for sale, since we cannot afford day care and living in our current home.

I did the unforgiveable, at least that is what my wife calls it, by texting mother-in-law. What I said to her is that I would have appreciated some more notice, at least 2 months minimum, so that we could move, and relocate. One month does not give us adequate time to locate a new home, move, and then enroll our daughter in a new school. There were a couple of oh my gods between us and eventually she called me an asshole and stated that she never wanted to see me again.

After this exchange, my wife became committed to getting a divorce. We are in the process of preparing our home for sale and then divorcing after the sale goes through. We live in a nice area and I am certain that the home will sell fast.

Despite a pretty unhappy marriage, I resent that my wife wants a divorce. I admit that I may not have been the greatest husband, but now I fear giving my daughter a separated life. She is only 6 and every time I look at her, my eyes tear up and I start crying. I realize that I won't get to see her as much and that my whole life has completely fallen apart. I am devastated. Like I said, my wife is 100% determined in getting a divorce.

How do I cope?

--sarcgeo
sarcgeo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
added, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks